Sunday, August 28, 2011

Daisy Cupcakes

Was asked to make some cupcakes for a bridal shower.  I was thrilled to do it.  It's been a long time since I baked some cupcakes!

The shower was a garden themed tea party so I thought something flowery would work well.  I saw these from one of my favourite sites http://sweetopia.net/2009/02/daisy-and-butterfly-cupcakes/ and decided to give it a go, plus I have never used my daisy cut out before.  There is actually a daisy press you can buy, which I may consider if I decide to make more of these pretty cupcakes.



Like always, I used fondant for the decorations.... however next time... I think I'll do a fondant/gum paste mix.  Fondant never really hardens and is is very fragile.

Steps to making the flowers:
1) Roll out fondant on lightly dusted cutting board (I used cornstarch).
2) Press daisies.
3) Carefully move daisies to cardboard.  (I cut cardboard squares, and cut a line half way through and then taped it to curve it... does this make sense?... haha... I didn't have any drying molds so I got creative).
4) Using my tiny spatula, I pressed lines into the daisy leaves.
5) Created daisy centre by pressing coloured fondant into a 1/4tsp. Stuck to flower with water and poked many holes on them!
6) Let daisies dry for 24hrs in cardboard
7) Dried daisies on drying rack infront of air con for 24hrs.
8) Put on cupcakes!



I used a 1M wilton tip.  Very happy with how these turned out.

Happy baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment